Table of Contents
Registration fees deadlines
Early registrations will be accepted until Wednesday 31 August 2022, midnight CET.
Should your registration remain unpaid on Wednesday 14 September 2022, early registrations will be upgraded to the late registration fee.
As of Thursday 01 September 2022, late registration fees apply for every new registration.
Should your registration remain unpaid on Monday 05 December 2022, late registrations fees will be upgraded to the Onsite registration fee.
From Tuesday 22 November 2022 & onsite, Onsite registration fee applies for every new registration.
Registration modification and cancellation
For cancellations received prior to Wednesday 02 November 2022, midnight CET, deposits will be refunded less 25% administrative charge. After this date, no refunds will be possible.
A handling fee of 40 USD per registration will be charged for every registration modification received from Monday 21 November 2022, including a name change.
Workshops modification and cancellation
Workshops: For cancellations received prior to Wednesday 02 November 2022, midnight CET deposits will be refunded less 25% administrative fee. After this date, no refunds will be possible.
Group Data Management
Upon receipt of your payment, you will receive by e-mail an internet link giving you direct access to your group portal. You will be able to enter names, allocate your reservations, settle open invoices and download documents.
Through this personalised portal, you will be able to enter your participants’ details and assign the services you have purchased such as registration and/or hotel bookings.
Names of all participants (registration and/or accommodation) must be submitted and reservations assigned online before Wednesday 02 November 2022.
Any modifications and cancellations are to be communicated to MCI’s team by email in order to be validated (please refer to the points «Modification & Cancellation» above to view the charges relating to these operations.
The Group Leader hereby commits to manage group registrations and/or hotel reservations using the tools proposed by the official registration and/or housing bureau. The reservation system’s portal will be used to respect relevant registration and, if applicable, accommodation deadlines. Access to this tool will be provided upon full payment of deposits required.
Contact information is to be entered in the system including the full coordinates of the participant of the event. No generic agency coordinates will be accepted if reservations are handled by a third party or on the behalf of a sponsor.
Reservations for registration and/or housing will then be assigned and updated through the reservation system’s portal and managed by the group leader or its internal representative.
MCI, as the Official Registration and/or Housing Bureau will not be responsible for entering contacts’ coordinates nor assigning services on behalf of the entity hereby engaged in this contract.
Should the Group Leader or the entity engaged in the present contract choose not to proceed with the proposed online tools, MCI will charge a fee of 18 USD per participant, to import the participants’ detail information under the group or a fee of 27 USD per participant to import the participants’ detail information under the group and assign the corresponding services, provided that the full coordinates are supplied.
The group leader agrees and warrants that:
- the personal data have been collected, processed and transferred and will continue to be collected, processed and transferred in accordance with the relevant provisions of the applicable data protection law (and, where applicable, has been notified to the relevant authorities);
- the transfer to, and processing by, MCI pursuant to this Agreement is not prohibited by a statutory or contractual duty of confidentiality;
- prior to any transfer of personal data, it has informed the data subjects and has complied with any notification and/or registration set forth by the applicable data protection law; in particular, the intended purposes of the collection, processing and transfer of personal data have been communicated to the data subjects;
- the data subjects are provided with their right of access, correction, blocking, suppression or deletion as available under applicable data protection law;
- it has taken and will take all reasonable measures to verify the correctness of the personal data and ensure that incorrect or incomplete personal data will be
corrected, completed or destroyed prior any transfer of such data to MCI;
- it will inform MCI of any specific requirement from any data subject or any relevant authority on how personal data should be processed;
- it will inform without delay MCI of any request from any data subject or any relevant authority to rectify, update or delete any personal data;
- after assessment of the requirements of the applicable data protection law, it will ensure that the security measures are appropriate to protect personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, in particular where the processing or transfer involves the transmission of data over a network, and against all other unlawful forms of processing, and that these measures ensure a level of security appropriate to the risks presented by the processing and the nature of the data to be protected having regard to the state of the art and the cost of their implementation;
- it will provide MCI, when so requested, with copies of relevant data protection laws or references to them of the country in which the [group leader] is established;
- it will respond to enquiries from data subjects and authorities concerning processing of personal data by MCI;
- it will notify within 72 hours delay MCI of any actual, potential or alleged breach of the provision of this Clause;
Insurance, release and waiver of liability:
It is recommended that participants obtain adequate cover for travel, health and accident insurance before they depart from their countries. APLAR and MCI as organizers cannot accept responsibility for personal injuries, or loss of, or damage to, private property belonging to the event Congress participants and accompanying persons. Participants are requested to inform themselves and to abide by local work regulations accordingly.
APLAR, MCI, Venue and Hotel(s) are not responsible for either the partial or total non-execution of the contract in the event of accident, natural disaster (either threatened or actual), in war, curtailment or interruption of transportation facilities, threats or acts of terrorism, of transportation facilities, threats or acts of terrorism, governmental travel or terrorism advisory, Strikes, Lock out, civil disturbance, the issue of a Travel Warning by the World Health Organization or any other cause beyond the parties’ control which prevents the Hotel and /or venue from accommodating the clients of MCI for the event or if for the same reasons the event is cancelled by MCI. The Organizers may at their entire discretion repay the delegate fee or Service Charge paid by the Delegate or Exhibitor, or part thereof, but shall be under no obligation to repay the whole or part of such Delegate fee or Service Charge, and shall be under no liability to the Delegate or Exhibitor in respect of any actions, claims, losses (including consequential losses), costs or expenses whatsoever which may be brought against or suffered or incurred by the Delegate or Exhibitor, as the result of the happening of any such event.
Registration and/or admittance to the Congress shall be limited solely to participants who are 18 years of age or older, due to current health and safety regulations and legislation in effect.
Any registration by anyone who is under 18 is unauthorized and in violation of these Terms and Conditions and will automatically result in the forfeit of their registration. You hereby accept that identification is to be provided to Congress staff upon request.
By registering to the Congress or entering the Congress you represent and warrant that you are 18 years of age or older, and that you agree to and to abide by all of the Terms and Conditions of this Congress.
APLAR, the hotel(s) and MCI are not responsible for either the partial or total non-execution of the contract in the event of accident, an act caused by a third party,such as Acts of God including, without limitation, credible threats of natural disaster in the geographic vicinity, war, curtailment or interruption of transportation facilities, threats or acts of terrorism or similar acts, governmental travel advisory, a governmental elevation of the terrorism alert level, civil disturbance, the issue of a Travel Warning by the World Health Organization or any other cause comparable events or disaster beyond the parties’ control which prevents the Hotel from accommodating the clients of MCI for the event or if for the same reasons the event is cancelled by MCI.
As a registered attendee of the Congress, you agree to grant permission for APLAR and MCI to use your likeness in a photograph or video in any and all of its publications and presentations, including website entries, without payment or any other consideration;to authorize APLAR and MCI to edit, alter, copy, exhibit, publish or distribute the photograph or video for purposes of publicizing APLAR programs or for any other lawful purpose; to waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product, including written or electronic copy, wherein your likeness appears; that these materials will become the property of APLAR and MCI.
Please visit the following website http://visahq.com/ to check if you require a visa for Hong Kong. Citizens of other countries may need a visa.
Please contact your travel agent or the nearest Hong Kong diplomatic authorities for further information. If you should need a visa, please apply early enough to allow sufficient handling time to the authorities.
During the reservation process, please tick the box and fill in the corresponding questionnaire in order to receive your Visa invitation letter. Please note that the VISA invitation letter will only be sent to participants who have paid their reservation fee. In some particular cases payment by credit card may not be allowed.
Please note that neither APLAR nor MCI will be able to contact or intervene with any Embassy or Consulate office on behalf of a registrant. The invitation letter does not financially or legally obligate APLAR or MCI in any way. All expenses incurred in relation to the event and to obtaining a visa are the sole responsibility of the registrant. APLAR and MCI do not accept any responsibility for travel, accommodation and/or other costs incurred due to the rejection of a registrant’s visa application.