Author notification have been sent!
The Asia Pacific League of Associations for Rheumatology (APLAR) in conjunction with the Hong Kong Society of Rheumatology (HKSR) invite you to submit an abstract for possible inclusion in the official congress program. .
Accepted abstracts will be included in the official 2022 Congress program and published in an online supplement of International Journal of Rheumatic Diseases (IJRD).
Please diarise the following important program dates.
Submission opens: late February 2022
Submission deadline: Now closed
Author notifications: all notifications have now been sent
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding your submission or the program in general.
Presentation guidelines are now available!
We have prepared guidelines to assist presenters with preparing their presentations for the congress.
It is important to read these guidelines carefully when preparing for your presentation.
Before submitting your abstract, ensure you read the below guidelines carefully – all information that you require is included below.
Abstracts can be submitted for either oral or poster presentations.
Oral presentations will be asked to present an oral presentation at the congress including a PowerPoint presentation and Q&A with the audience.
Poster presentations will be asked to present a visual poster display and potentially participate in a guided poster tour at the congress.
Abstract submission guidelines
- All submissions must be in English. English is the official congress language and all presentations must also be in English
- Submission titles must not be longer than 20 words and must clearly indicate the nature of the presentation
- Submissions must not exceed 400 words, be clear and concise, highlight relevant aspects, findings and conclusions
- Only standard abbreviations may be used within submissions
- References are not required for submissions
- The abstract title, section headings and references are not included in the overall word count
- Abstracts should follow the following format
- Background/Purpose: background or statement of purpose
- Methods: methods, materials and analytical procedure used
- Results: summary of the results in sufficient detail to support conclusion (we do not recommend including “results will be discussed”)
- Conclusion: conclusions reached
- Tables, graphs and images are permitted within submissions (maximum 2)
- What is an encore presentation?
- An encore presentation is one where you have already presented the submitted work before. For example if you have presented the work at another rheumatology event.
- Does APLAR 2022 accept encore presentations?
- Yes we do accept encore presentations
- Encore presentations are permitted as long as work has been presented after APLAR 2021 (28-31 August 2021)
- Encore presentations are permitted as long as work has not previously been published
- Encore submissions are required to disclose the name and date of the event where it has been presented
- Original abstracts are strongly recommended
Please enter submission information carefully, information will be published exactly as submitted
All abstract submissions must be received online through the abstract submission portal.
Abstract submission topics
Abstract submissions are welcome under any of the below topics.
To expand either the clinical rheumatology or allied health research topics, select the “>” symbol to the right hand side.
- Advances in pain management
- Basic science related to rheumatic diseases
- Behcet’s disease and miscellaneous rheumatic conditions
- Clinical immunology related to rheumatic diseases
- Epidemiology, COPCORD, health care system and pharmacoeconomics
- Imaging techniques and diagnosis
- Infection-related rheumatic diseases
- Innovation in research tools i.e. big data, precision medicine
- Innovative medical technology i.e. Artificial Intelligence / machine learning
- Metabolic bone diseases and crystal-induced diseases
- Paediatric rheumatology
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Rehabilitation for rheumatic diseases
- Rheumatoid arthritis anti-TNF therapy
- Rheumatoid arthritis bDMARDs
- Rheumatoid arthritis clinical aspects and co-morbidity
- Rheumatoid arthritis csDMARDs
- Rheumatoid arthritis non biological treatment
- Rheumatoid arthritis non-TNF biological therapies
- Rheumatoid arthritis prognosis, predictors and outcome
- Rheumatoid arthritis tsDMARDs
- Scleroderma, myositis and related syndromes
- Soft tissue rheumatism
- Spondylarthropathies biological and non-biological therapies
- Spondylarthropathies clinical aspects and co-morbidity
- Systemic lupus erythematosus, Sjogrens and antiphospholipid syndrome clinical aspects, comorbidities and complications
- Systemic lupus erythematosus, Sjogrens and antiphospholipid syndrome therapies
- Systemic vasculitis related to rheumatic diseases
- Alternative medicine (e.g. acupuncture)
- Case Report
- Psychological intervention and miscellaneous forms of care
Abstract review information
- All submitted abstracts will be peer reviewed (blind review) by a subsection of the APLAR 2022 Scientific Committee
- Incomplete abstracts or abstracts not written in English cannot be processed and will not be reviewed
- No revisions are possible after the submission deadline – no exceptions
Conditions of acceptance
If accepted into the official program; the following conditions will apply:
- Oral presentations can only be presented by one author
- Presenters must be a listed author on the submission
- Accepted presenters must register, pay and attend the congress, otherwise the abstract will not be included in the official program or published in the IJRD supplement
- Abstract submissions remain the property of APLAR and the Scientific Committee reserves the right to publish and distribute
Terms and conditions
All abstract submitters are required to agree to the below terms and conditions prior to submitting their work:
- Submitting authors declare that the submission is the original work of at least one author/presenter
- No funding is provided to accepted presenters
- Submitting authors must declare the work described in the abstract has appropriate approval under local, ethical and animal experimentation rules
- Submitting authors must declare that their work does not conflict with any existing copyright agreements with alternate publishers
- Submitting authors provide consent for their presentation materials to be used to assist APLAR 2022, future congresses and on-demand content
Have any questions?
If you have any questions regarding abstract submissions, the program or the congress as a whole, please contact the APLAR Program Manager.